Most of us expect that our teenage acne will disappear with age. Unfortunately, adult acne is a sad reality that few people know how to deal with. And if your wedding date is approaching, you would probably appreciate at least a brief cessation so that you can enjoy blemish-free photos that you can proudly hang on your wall and send to family and friends. Every bride wants to look her best on her wedding day, after all. However, months of muddling around with different products aren’t likely to net you the results you crave.
So here are just a few ways you can get the flawless finish you want for your wedding day, and beyond.
- See your dermatologist. The first step is to visit a doctor that is qualified to help you address your skin issues. This trained professional has the knowledge, skill, and experience to diagnose your problem and develop a skincare regimen to treat it, whether that means using a lineup of topical products, taking hormone treatments, or even dealing with older problems like scarring. If you’ve had acne problems for years and you’ve never gone to see a dermatologist, getting married is certainly a great motivator, and you’ll probably wonder why you didn’t do it sooner. You should schedule your appointment as early as possible, about a year out, so that you can acclimate to your daily regimen and make any necessary adjustments well in advance.
- Consider intensive treatments. If you’re interested in any kind of resurfacing treatments like microderm abrasion, chemical peels, or even laser resurfacing, you’ll need to plan to have it done well before your wedding day, at least several weeks and probably several months prior to your special day. This will ensure that you have plenty of time to heal before events like the bridal shower, bachelorette party, and wedding. Keep reading https://www.brides.com/story/wedding-skin-expert-tips
- Get a facial. Facials are a great way to give your skin a little boost and clear up surface acne. If you’ve already gone to the trouble of having an intensive treatment to deal with sun damage, scarring, and other issues, you’ll only need a touch-up, so to speak, before your big day. You might want to get a few facials in the weeks leading up to the wedding so that you have a good idea of the kind of results you can expect. Just schedule your final session a few days before the nuptials to avoid redness and enjoy a blemish-free face.
- Ask about cortisone shots. It’s not uncommon for stress to cause last-minute acne problems for brides. Even if you’ve been following your regimen diligently and you’ve made time for special treatments, you could still end up with a blemish or two just before you say “I do”. So you might want to hold an appointment with your dermatologist for a day or two before your wedding. This way you can get a cortisone shot that will make even the biggest pimple disappear overnight.
- Hire a makeup artist. You may get a flawless skin from your many treatments with your dermatologist, your facial aesthetician, and the pros at Spa. But you’re still going to want to wear makeup on your big day to emphasize your best features. Since you’ve gone through so much already to look beautiful and flawless, you might as well hire a professional artist to apply the perfect makeup for your wedding photos.
You may also like Features of facial skin care in winter